Lately I’ve been developing a crush on sequin clothing. Especially pieces like these gold sequined pants, that I can mix and match in many ways, even during daytime. Besides, there is no rule that says “no sequins during the day”, and even if there were one, we’d sure know how to break it right? Sequins can be daytime-appropriate with the right styling.
To achieve that, you can add low-key wardrobe staples, like sweaters, sneakers, denim, t-shirts etc. If you are wondering how to style a sequin top for example, the right pair of jeans and a trench coat would work like a charm. Going for a sequin skirt? I would wear it with a sweater, like I did here, and probably sneakers too, or low-heeled pumps and socks. As for these sequined pants, I styled them with a chunky sweater, sneakers, and a monochrome coat. What do you think?
A few more tips on how to wear sequins in the daytime
- Be careful of the lengths. Personally, I prefer midi skirts than mini and maxi ones for a daytime outfit.
- Mix it with casual staples. Mixing your sequins with pieces with a super casual vibe like a t-shirt or a puffer coat, is the key for daytime sequins.
- Keep it loose. Loose silhouettes that are more common in day outfits are ideal.
- Just pick an accessory. If you don’t want to wear a sequined piece of clothing, you can give a touch of this extra glam on your day outfit, with a sequined bag, headband or shoes.
- Dress it down with sneakers or boots …for comfort and an extra touch of casual.
What about you? Do you wear sequins in the daytime? What’s your favorite way to wear them, during day or night? Let me know in the comments below!
SHOP MY LOOK: